I'm a vegan at heart, vegetarian in practice.
I want to leave behind a legacy, not a carbon footprint.
Every day I cook, listen to music, reflect on lyrics, and compile quotes that speak to me.
I figured it was time to share :)

7.20.2010

Wecome to me...

I read blogs every day about cooking, living, loving, quotes, and so many other topics, so I figured instead of posting my food pictures to facebook, updating my statuses with lyrics, and adding yet another page of quotes to my "favorite quotes" word document I would make my life easier by posting everything here.


Today was a pretty sweet day... I woke up early, went for a run, had an awesome vegan protein shake and some sauteed collards for breakfast, and began working on my final exam paper.  For lunch I tried a new recipe for sweet potato fries and was unimpressed, but the new way I found to fix my greens was fabulous!  Turns out olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and stevia make a pretty amazing marinade.  I might try it again tomorrow with some massaged kale so I can keep all the raw enzymes intact.


The quote that I loved the most today is:  


"You said the wonderful thing about falling in love is that you learn everything about that person. And so quickly. And if it is true love, then you start to see yourself through their eyes... And it brings out the best in you. And it's almost as if you're falling in love with yourself." -Playing By Heart


This quote speaks volumes to me... I'm always worried about how I'll look when I see the person I like... but then when I'm with him, all those fears melt away because I can see myself through his eyes.  Sounds cheesy but what's life if you can't be silly?
I'm listening to Frank Sinatra so I'll leave with the line that's been in my head all day...


luck, be a lady, tonight.
haha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment